The menstrual cycle is one of the important processes of a women’s body that deserves utmost care and hygiene. Ensuring proper sanitation and eating the right food is the key to ease the pain. Here are some useful measures to be taken during the menstrual cycle.
Some useful measures for the menstrual cycle
1. Lighter exercises such as Yoga, Walking, Stretching helps to increase blood flow which gets reduced on cramping. Resting in one place for a longer period of time can make you feel worse, so it’s good to exercise yourself.
2. During the menstrual cycle, sufficient water should be taken at this time as it will eliminate the water building up in your body. This helps you to stay hydrated all day.
3. During the menstrual cycle, fresh fruits, and green vegetables should be taken. Avoid the intake of junk food, chocolate, salty foods to keep your body healthy.
4. During the menstrual cycle, you should not take Alcohol and smoking, it is dangerous during the period. It increases bleeding and contracts your blood vessels.
5. Don’t take medication when you experience painful cramps during the period. This reduces the production of substances that cause pain.
6. Take eight to nine hours of sleep per night, especially when you have your period is very necessary.
7. Avoid drinking coffee as it can worsen your discomfort from cramps and constricts blood vessels.
9. Changing sanitary napkins every 4-6 hours keeps your vagina hygiene. During the menstrual cycle, the body attracts various bacterial organisms which cause irritation, rashes, or urinary tract infection.
10. The warm feeling of a heating pad on your stomach is very much soothing when cramps occur and you feel pain. It causes your body discomfort and soothes your muscles and feeling relaxed.
We hope this article is useful to you. If you want to know more about women’s health, you can write what you want to know in the comment box below.