A resume is a formal document that lists a candidate’s work experience, education, and skill. A good resume gives a potential employer enough information to believe the applicant is worth interviewing. That’s why it is so important to create a resume that is effective. So in this post, you will know How to create an effective resume?
How To Create An Effective Resume?
1. write the Address Section.
The Address section occupies the top of your resume. It includes information like your name, address, phone number, and email address. Insert a bold line under the section to separate it from the rest of your resume.
2. Add the profile Summary Section.
The part of your resume should your overall experience, achievements, awards, certifications, and strengths. You can make your summary as short as 2-3 bullet points or as long as 8-10 bullet points.
Profile Summary – A content writer who graduated from the University of Strategical has 6 years of experience in writing website copy. Core expertise lies in content creation for e-learning courses, specifically for the k-12 segment.
3. Include your Education Qualifications.
When listing your academic records, first list your highest degree. Then add the second-highest qualification under the highest one and so on. To provide a clear and accurate picture of your educational background, it is critical that include information on your position, rank, percentage of CPI for every degree or certification that you have listed.
If you have done any certifications and training, you can add the Training and certification section under your Educational Qualifications section.
Educational Qualifications –
- Master in International Management (2019) from Columbia University with 8.8 CPI.
- Bachelor of Management Studies (2018) from Bhubaneswar University with87% marks.
- 10+2 with, state (2015) from Odisha Board with 91% marks.
- High school (2011) from Odisha Board with 93% marks.
4. List Your Technical Skills.
When listing your technical skills, start with the skills that you are most confided about. Then add the skill that you do not have as good command over. It is perfectly acceptable to include just one skill if you feel that particular skill adds tremendous value to your ‘resume’. If you do not have any technical skills, you can omit this step.
- Technical Skills
- Web Development
5. Insert Your Academic Project Experience.
List down all the important projects that you have worked on. Include the following information in this section, Project title, Organization, Platform used, Contribution, and Description.
Academic Project –
- Project Title: Different Communication Skills.
- Organization: True Blue Solution.
- Platform used: Reticulation.
- Contribution: Content witting and graphic visualization.
- Description: Development of storyboards for corporate induction and training programs.
6. List Your Strengths.
This is where you list all major strengths. The section should be in the form of a bulleted list.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Action-oriented and result-focused
- Great time management skills.
7. List Your Extracurricular Activities.
It is very important to show that you have diverse interests and that life consists of more than academics. Include your extracurricular actives can give you an added edge over other candidates who have similar academic scores and project experience. This section should be in the form of a bulleted list.
- Extracurricular Activities.
- Member of the Debate Club.
- Played tennis at a national level.
- Won first prize in the All India Camel Contest.
8. Write Your Personal Details
The last section of your ‘resume’ must include the following,
Personal information: Date of birth, Nationality, Gender, and marital status, Language know.
Personal Details –
- Date of birth: 14th February 1998
- Nationality: India
- Gender and marital status: Male,. Single
- Language is known: English, Hindi, Odia, French
Tips: Keep your resume file name short, simple, and informational, Make sure the resume is best and free from typing errors, and Always create your resume on plain white paper.
We hope this article will be useful for you if you liked this article then comment below. And if you want to get more information and tips about this then you can comment below.