RDBMS stands for Relational Database Management System. All modern RDBM database management systems like SOL, MS SOL Server, Oracle, MySQL, IBM DB2, and Microsoft Access are based on RDBMS.
RDBMS was developed by a Jermen scientice Mr. E.F codd in 1970 this model was developed on the basis of a mathematical concept called relational algebra.
Relations are classified into three types, they are:
1. one to one Relationship
* In the relationship, one object has the only relation with another object.
2. One too many or many to one relationship
* In the relationship one subject has a relation with many other objects.
3. Many-many Relationship
* In this relationship, many objects have a relationship with many other objects.
Properties of RDBMS
- Data should be stored in the form of a table.
- A table can be defined as a collection of rows and columns.
- The horizontal lines are known as rows or tuples or records.
- The vertical lines are known as columns or filed attributes.
- The intersection of a row and column is known as a cell.
- A cell is a place where you can store your data.
- The other name of the table is called an entry or class or object.