Hair fall is one of the most common problems that everyone faces. It could be a natural phenomenon or our modern lifestyle. There could be many causes of hair fall which include diet, mineral deficiency, pollution, stress. However, if diagnosed properly, hair fall can be controlled. In this article, I am going to write about hair fall treatment, Home Remedies, how to control hair fall, and causes of hair fall.
Causes of hair fall
(1) Nutritional: It may be possible that nutrients may be missing in your diet. The deficiency of vitamin D is a cause of hair loss. Vitamin A encourages a healthy scalp and also helps in hair growth. Dark green leafy vegetables, mango, papaya, etc are found in vitamin A. Vit B12 is found in milk and milk products which are useful for hair growth. Iron, copper, zinc, proteins, biotin are essential nutrients required. The deficiency of biotin can cause hair fall and hair thinning.
(2) Hormonal: Women can experience hormonal imbalance which causes hair to fall.
(3) Thyroid: If the thyroid gland produces an excessive amount of thyroid then the hair growth cycle may change.
(4) Birth control pills: The hormones in the pill that suppress ovulation can cause hair to thin. Sometimes hair loss can occur if you stop taking the pill.
(5) Stress: Extreme stress can cause hair loss and lasts for several months. By meditation, yoga, and exercise stress can be reduced by minimizing hair loss.
(6) Hairstyling products: Overtreated hair can lead to hair loss due to toxic chemicals. Almost all shampoos contain sodium lauryl sulfate which has a toxic effect on hair follicles. It is advisable to use natural shampoos.
(7) Aging: As we age rate of hair growth slows down. Hair strands get thinner, finer, grey. In order to avoid this eat whole foods that keep hair healthy.
(8) Genetic: Hair loss can be a genetic disorder. If parents have hair loss, then the child would more likely have hair loss.
Tips to Control Hair Fall / Treatment
(1) Shampoos: It is very important to understand your scalp type and choose the best shampoo. Over-washing hair will dry your scalp removing natural oil and lead to hair loss. Make sure the shampoos are not loaded with chemicals including sulfate, parabens, etc which prone to breakage of hair.
(2) Conditioner: A good conditioner can work wonders for your hair. It contains amino acids that repair damaged hair and keeps it smooth.
(4) Oiling: It improves blood circulation and nourishes roots. Make sure to massage your tresses twice a week with oil that suits your scalp. Cover with a shower cap and wash with a mild shampoo.
(6) Hydrate hair: By keeping yourself hydrated hair roots become strong and will lead to healthy hair. Drink 8-12 glasses of water in a day.
(7) Avoid hot water: Hair is very delicate, so avoid using hot water to wash. You can use lukewarm water or tepid water to improve blood circulation.
(8) Don't brush wet hair: Brushing wet hair increases breaking. Use a wide-toothed comb.
Home Remedies For Hair Fall
(1) Egg: It is rich in Sulphur, Phosphorous, Iodine, zinc, a protein that helps promote hair growth.
Preparation - Take one egg white in a bowl and add a teaspoon of honey and olive oil each. Make a paste and apply it all over the root to tips. After 20 min, wash with a mild shampoo.
(2) licoricey root: It helps to prevent hair loss and damage to hair. It helps to soothe the scalp and get rid of dandruff.
Preparation - Make a paste of licorice root and quarter teaspoon saffron to one cup of milk. Apply this to scalp and hair length and leave overnight and next morning wash hair. Repeat this twice a week.
(3) Coconut milk: The protein and fats promote hair growth and prevent hair loss.
Preparation - Grate coconut and simmer it in a pan for 5 min, strain, and cool it. Then add one teaspoon of crushed black pepper to the milk. Apply on scalp and hair. After 20 min wash with shampoo.
(5) Green tea: Tea is rich in antioxidants which helps in hair growth.
Preparation - Soak two tea bags in one cup of hot water depending on the length of the hair. when it cools massage over your scalp and hair. Rinse with water after one hour.
(6) Beetroot juice: It is rich in vitamin c, manganese, potassium which are essential for healthy hair.
Preparation - Boil beetroot leaves and grind with henna leaves. Apply this paste on the scalp and leave for 15-20 mins and wash with warm water.
(7) Yogurt and honey: Mix 2 tablespoon yogurt and 1 teaspoon honey and lemon. Apply this paste to the scalp and roots. Leave it for 30 min and wash with cold water.
(8) Aloe Vera: It is effective in problems of the scalp like itching and flaking.
Preparation - Extract the pulp of aloe Vera and apply it to your hair. Leave for 45 min and rinse with cold water.
(9) Fenugreek seeds: It repairs the hair follicles and helps in regrowth.
Preparation - Soak fenugreek seeds overnight in water. Grind it and apply it to the scalp and hair. Leave for 30 min and rinse with normal water.
(10) Onion juice: It helps to fight against scalp infection and improves blood circulation. It promotes hair growth and controls hair fall.
Preparation - Extract onion juice by grinding, then dip a cotton ball in the juice and apply it to the scalp. Leave for 20 min and wash it with a mild shampoo.
(11) Amla: Amla is a very good home remedy. It has anti-inflammatory properties and prevents greying.
Preparation - Mix lime juice and Amla powder and make a paste. Massage on scalp and hair. Use a shower cap. Keep for 1 hr and rinse with cold water.
Follow these tips and you will get the best result. I hope you have understood what are the Causes of hair fall and how to Treatment of your hair fall, and I hope this article will helpful for you. If you wanna get more tips about health, so you can comment below. We will try to give you your answer soon.